Robert Szwajkos concentrates his practice in commercial law, including creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, business transactions and commercial litigation.
Mr. Szwajkos served as the Court Administrator of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania at the time of the adoption of the new Bankruptcy Code. He was a founding member of the United States Bankruptcy Courts Clerks Associates. He was Senior Attorney for the Trustees of the Penn Central Transportation Company and the reorganized company. Mr. Szwajkos served as Chairperson of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of the Piper Aircraft Corporation and presently serves as the Chairperson of the Piper Aircraft Corporation Creditors’ Trust. Mr. Szwajkos has served as a Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustee, and adversary case mediator.
Mr. Szwajkos served as member of the Citizen Advisory Committee of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (“SEPTA”) where he served as Chairperson for 2003 and 2004. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Bucks County Credit Counseling Center and on the Board of Directors for the pro bono Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Program of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference (“CBAP”). He has served on the Rules Committee for the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania since 1982.
Mr. Szwajkos has consistently been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® by Thomson Reuters, published annually in Philadelphia magazine.
Mr. Szwajkos is an elected public official serving as a member of the Newtown Borough, (Bucks County, PA) Council since January 2020
Mr. Szwajkos serves as a member of the Board of Directors of FACT (HIV/AIDS) Bucks County, Pennsylvania Service Agency. Mr. Szwajkos had served as Treasurer of the Jagiellonian Law Society of Polish Attorneys and has lectured at the Catholic University of Lublin, Poland, and as an advisor to the Supreme Court of the Republic of Poland.
I am an attorney, elected official, court officer, trustee, model railroader, gymnast, runner – I have a full life.
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Program of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference (“CBAP”)
- PA Bar Association Education Program Lecturer
- Jagiellonian Law Society of Polish Attorneys
- Polish American Congress
- Greater Philadelphia Professional Network Association
- FACT (HIV/AIDS) Bucks County, Pennsylvania Service Agency
- Bucks County Credit Counseling Center
- Bucks County Democratic Election Day Lawyers Volunteer
- Bucks County Annual Charity Garden Pond Tour
- Earth Center for the Arts, Newtown, PA
- New Hope Chamber of Commerce
- New Hope Celebrates Festival
- New Hope BRIDGE Professional Network Association