Curtin & Heefner has provided over 80 years of value-added service. The firm’s storied history ranges from the U.S. Congress to local governments, from the area’s emerging businesses to some of the nation’s largest corporations, banks and insurers. The firm is prominently ranked among the top 100 in size in Pennsylvania, and its attorneys are widely recognized as among the best in the nation, providing creative problem solving, thoughtful counseling, aggressive advocacy, and the highest ethical standards. That rich history and versatility form the foundation from which Curtin & Heefner adds value today … and to which it is committed into the future.
A Top 100 Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Beyond
Curtin & Heefner LLP is a regional Bucks County based law firm with offices in Yardley, Doylestown, Berwyn, and Princeton, NJ. The firm is ranked in size among the Top 100 Law Firms in Pennsylvania. Currently we serve clients throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and beyond, including those headquartered regionally and operating nationwide.
Curtin & Heefner LLP maintains a sophisticated full-service practice, representing primarily institutional and corporate clients. We provide legal assistance in the areas of Appellate Law, Banking & Financial Services, Business Law, Commercial Litigation, Collections & Bankruptcy, Criminal Law/DUI, Disability Law, Employment & Labor Law, Environmental Law, Estates, Trusts & Tax, Family Law & Adoption, Insurance Law, Litigation, Personal Injury, Public Sector Law,Real Estate, Zoning & Land Use.
Our history of leadership within the legal profession, in government and in the region, is central to the practice of law at Curtin & Heefner.
Since our founding in 1932, our attorneys have served as Deputy District Attorneys for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; as Assistant District Attorneys in Bucks, Delaware and Philadelphia Counties; as solicitors of numerous townships and municipalities; as presidents of the Bucks County bar association; and as trustees, directors and board members of many significant regional banks, college and university boards, hospitals, charitable organizations and historical societies. Notably, the firm’s name partner, Willard S. Curtin, served five terms in the United States Congress; during the 1962 election he defeated opponent and Bucks County native James A. Michener, the Pulitzer Prize-winning American author. The second name partner, William F. Heefner, was a patron of the arts and a strong supporter of historic preservation in Bucks County. Under his leadership, the Mercer Museum was expanded and gained prominence nationally. An early partner in the firm was Kathryn M. Renzulli, who at the time was only the second woman to be admitted to the Bucks County Bar.
Our distinguished legacy continues to the present day, as demonstrated by the following:
- Curtin & Heefner ranks among the Top 100 Law Firms in Pennsylvania
- Our clients include the major businesses in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and beyond
- Martindale-Hubbell awarded Curtin & Heefner its highest ranking: AV
- We were the first law firm in Bucks County, and remain one of the few in the Commonwealth, certified as Municipal Bond Counsel, and to appear in the Bond Buyers Red Book.
- The firm acts as Solicitor for the area’s school districts and municipalities, and performs as Special Counsel for issues relating to real estate, labor, and in other special circumstances
- Our attorneys have been recognized as “Rising Stars”, “Pennsylvania Super Lawyers,” and “Lawyers on the Fast Track,” and have received multiple awards from the business and bar association communities
- Many of the attorneys practicing at Curtin & Heefner formerly served as judicial clerks, an intensely competitive appointment reserved for a small percentage of law school graduates with extremely successful academic careers. This experience reflects the quality and caliber of our attorneys and the depth of their legal knowledge.