Our commercial litigators understand the complex business issues and strategic challenges that confront clients in business litigation. Our business acumen and courtroom experience are a tremendous asset to our clients, while our size allows us to provide the personalized service and attention they expect.
We represent commercial clients in disputes with claims involving contracts, employment issues, real estate, partnership and franchise agreements, unfair competition, and creditors’ rights. We aggressively handle all types of commercial cases from small contract disputes to high-stakes, bet-the-company litigation matters pending in federal court, state court, administrative proceedings or private dispute resolution, such as arbitration. Importantly, when a client calls on us on short notice to oppose or seek an emergency restraining order or deal with some other short-fuse court proceeding, we have the experience to effectively respond.
Illustrative areas of experience:
- Business contract and tort claims: including defective or incomplete performance, anticipatory and future breaches, fraud, deceptive trade practices, defamation, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, and theft, misuse or misappropriation of assets or confidential information;
- Employment litigation: including defense of claims of discrimination or harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes, non-compete and trade secret claims;
- Shareholder, partner, and franchisor/franchisee disputes;
- Lender-borrower disputes: including enforcement of creditors’ rights, lender liability, real estate valuation, and commercial foreclosure and eviction suits;
- Real estate litigation: including construction defects, boundary, easement or possession disputes; lien claims, and commercial lease disputes;
- Extraordinary and equitable relief: including temporary restraining orders, preliminary and permanent injunctions, and writs of attachment, garnishment, possession, sequestration and execution;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: We help clients pursue cost-effective alternatives to the courtroom, including mediation, arbitration, summary trials and hybrid approaches.
Our trial attorneys are trained to listen first. We understand clients have different business and legal objectives which range from righting a wrong to limiting financial exposure. We know that handling difficult litigation matters requires not only a thorough knowledge of relevant areas, but also a complete understanding of our clients’ objectives. Because our attorneys have extensive experience in many types of cases, we are able to provide creative solutions and sound advice in response to sophisticated and complex litigation problems. We work with each of our clients to assess the issues and risks and devise a litigation plan that will meet the client’s objectives.
For more information contact CFT@curtinheefner.com.