Michael P. Maguire was the Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Sheryl Ann Dorney, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas – Nineteenth Judicial District.
Michael Maguire is a Partner and Co-Chair of the Property Damage Section. He is a seasoned litigator in state and federal courts with an emphasis on representing insurance carriers in Breach of Contract, Bad Faith and insurance fraud cases. With his experience in these fields, Mr. Maguire frequently assists insurers with investigations of suspect claims, legal aspects of fraudulent claims and provides coverage opinions. Mr. Maguire often advises insurers on claims handling practices, Pennsylvania’s Bad Faith Statute, insurance fraud and other Special Investigation Unit issues. Likewise, Mr. Maguire provides seminars on claims handling, general investigation techniques and recognizing various aspects of fraud in insurance claims.
Mr. Maguire was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® Rising Star from 2010-2013, and a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® from 2014-2017 and in 2020 by Thomson Reuters, published annually in Philadelphia magazine.
Mike coaches youth basketball and baseball, and is an avid Villanova Basketball fan.
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Volunteer Judge, Villanova University School of Law Reimel Moot Court Competition
- Legal Advocate, International Association of Special Investigation Units 2019-present
- Colonnade Pointe Condominium Association, Vice President (2010 – 2011); Secretary (2006 – 2010); Trustee (2004 – 2006); Board of Trustees
- The Manors at Crossroads Homeowners Association, Inc., Board of Trustees (2011 – 2018)
- Board Member SERV Properties and Management, Inc.
- St. Paul Athletic Committee (2012 – present)
- Girls Basketball Coach, St. Paul’s (2014 – 2020)
- Boys Basketball Coach, St. Paul’s (2018 – present)
- Basketball Coach, CYO (2015-2017)
- Baseball Coach, CYO (2015-2017)
- Little League Baseball Coach, PLL (2015-present)
- PJFL Assistant Coach (2018-present)