- 2004, PA and NJ
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- B.A., Penn State University, 2001
- J.D., Widener University School of Law, 2004
- Intern in the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2003
- Intern for Magistrate Judge Thomas J. Rueter, 2002
Michael Lorenz is a Partner and Co-Chair of the Insurance Law Section. Mr. Lorenz is a seasoned litigator with an emphasis on defending insurance companies in the State and Federal Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He also represents the interests of insurance carriers in liability coverage matters. Mr. Lorenz has Arbitration and Trial experience and oversees and promotes associate attorney compliance with client protocol and policy. Mr. Lorenz participates in existing client development and retention. His activities include lecturing and presenting seminars to litigation adjusters and claims team members on various litigation issues.
Mr. Lorenz lectured and presented seminars on claims handling and on Pennsylvania’s insurance “bad faith” statute to field and litigation adjusters from several carriers. He was also invited to present on the legal impacts of storm water management to the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Mike and his wife have three daughters, so, consequently, much of Mike’s free time is spent looking for ways to halt the rate of his graying hair. Mike is also a life member of the Southampton Fire Company, and is a diehard Phillies baseball and Penn State football fan.
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Southampton Fire Company No. 1, Vice President
- Representing victims with limited means through Bucks County Legal Aid